From three independent enclaves in the cool Casablanca Valley, this is a fine demonstration of the blending ability of master craftsman, Alvaro Espinoza, one of Chile’s greatest, certainly most acclaimed, winemakers. With 40% of the blend having been stirred on its lees and a minute percentage having been exposed to barrel ageing, this is an incredibly complex Sauvignon Blanc. The citric and the tropical are harmoniously married, the acidity is fresh and clean and the French yeast seems to have lent a flinty stone-fruit charm that recalls some of the finer vineyards of the Loire Valley.
Tasting: This refreshing dry white wine is silvery gold with an exotic nose of tropical papaya interwoven with star fruit. Ideal as an aperitif or simply enjoying on its own. 13.5% by vol.
We normally retail this 2007 Quintay Clava at £9.40, but we’re offering a great 20% discount for Christmas, making it only £7.50 ….click here to buy now
Harvest and Vinficiation
The grapes are hand-picked into 12-kg boxes between March and April each year, as determined by tasting the grapes in selected plots.
Once selected, approximately 15% of the grapes undergo a 4-hour cold soak at 45°F (7°C). The remaining 85% are whole cluster pressed with a Cremant programmed press.
The juice is clarified at 20 NTU and left to ferment with French yeasts at 54°–55°F (12°–13°C) for approximately 30 to 40 days. The fine lees were stirred in 40% of the must in stainless steel tanks during the month following fermentation. 1% of the blend consists of fine lees conserved in new French barrels for three months with daily stirring for the first month and once a week for the remaining two months.
The stabilization process usually takes place in the month of August, using proteins with purified calcium bentonite to conserve its aromatic quality. The wine is filtered just twice, once with diatomaceous earth and a second with a cartridge filter at bottling in September.
Taste the difference with Vin Vino Direct… exclusive online wine merchants with a huge selection of specialist, fine and rare wines from around the world – we have wines from boutique growers that you cannot find from any other online wine merchant.
We have one of the largest collections of French claret wines in the UK…plus, an amazing range of Italian fine wines and French fine wines. We carry wines covering over 66 grape varieties, including the favourites of Shiraz, Merlot, Sauvignon, Pinot Noir, Cabernet and Pinot Grigio – all available to buy online for your wine cellar today. We are internationally accredited as Bordeaux specialists and renowned for our exclusive and unique fine wines online at all prices.
For those special wine gifts we have a large range of champagne, wine gift vouchers and mixed cases of wine
With an original portfolio of boutique wine making growers, we are the only online wine merchant in the UK offering these exclusive wines to you. Buy Quintay Clava Sauvignon Blanc wine online with Vin Vino Direct and tantalise your taste buds today…